AeroEclipse* Breath Actuated Nebulizer
The AeroEclipse* nebulizer is a medical device for use by patients who have asthma or lung diseases (I.e. cystic fibrosis, COPD) and are under the care of a licensed healthcare professional.
It is designed to work with a compressed air source to convert prescribed liquid medication into an aerosol mist that can be inhaled directly into the lungs.
How Does it Work?
The AeroEclipse* nebulizer is an innovative device that produces aerosol only when you breathe in (breath actuated).
- Virtually no drug is lost to the environment.
- Less medication is wasted when compared to conventional methods of inhalation therapy because medication is only produced when you are inhaling.
What are the Benefits?
- Allows for breaks in treatment without wasting medication
- Family and caregivers are less exposed to aerosolized drug
- Higher percentage of aerosol likely to reach your lungs
- Efficient treatment times
- Available in either reusable or disposable formats
How to Use the AeroEclipse* Breath Actuated Nebulizer (BAN)
and Ombra* Compressors
AeroEclipse* II BAN - Full Instructions (PDF)
AeroEclipse* XL BAN - Full Instructions (PDF)
ComfortSeal* Mask Instructions (PDF)
Ombra* 120 Volt Table Top Compressor - Instructions (PDF)
Ombra* 230 Volt Table Top Compressor - Instructions (PDF)
Ombra* Portable Compressor - Instructions (PDF)
Watch Video - AeroEclipse* XL BAN and Ombra* Compressors
True Breath Actuated Performance
The AeroEclipse* Breath Actuated Nebulizer (BAN) is a significant advancement in the technology of small volume nebulization because aerosol is only generated in response
to the patient's inspiratory flow.
AeroEclipse* BAN ensures virtually no drug is lost to the environment. This can provide for better compliance and a safer patient environment, and has the potential to impact clinical outcomes such as Length of Stay and Admission Rates through the ER.1
The AeroEclipse* BAN is designed to generate a high percentage of respirable medication particles. Shortened delivery time and optimized aerosol particle size significantly improves
the likelihood of better patient outcomes and reduced costs.
AeroEclipse* XL BAN (6 Month, Reusable)
- Aerosol is only produced on inhalation â€“ allowing for breaks in treatment without drug loss
- Reduces potentially harmful emissions by only producing aerosol when you need it
- Cleaning, disinfection and sterilization instructions for up to 6 months of use
- Paired with custom Ombra* Compressors for a complete delivery system at home
AeroEclipse* II BAN (7 Day, Disposable)
- Ideal for acute, short term applications
- Single patient, disposable device designed for use up to 7 days
- Allows for dosimetric delivery of medication through a predictable delivery rate for each breathing cycle2
Go to our AeroEclipse* Playlist on YouTube for all of our latest instructional videos.
Download Counselling Tools
ComfortSeal* Mask Sizer
1 Christine J.H. Bong, MD, MPH, Maya Eady, MD, C. Michael Bowman, MD, M. Olivia Titus, MD. Breath Actuated Nebulizer Improves Quality of Care in Pediatric Emergency Department Asthma and Leads to System Wide Implementation. PAS Conference, Baltimore, Maryland 2009. 2 Mitchell JP. Delivery of inhaled bronchodilators by breath-actuated jet nebulizer: The potential for improved adherence with clinical guidelines. Inhalation 2011;5(4):20-23.
Confidence in Aerosol Delivery
A significant advancement in small volume nebulizers.
The AeroEclipse* Breath Actuated Nebulizer (BAN) delivers the benefits of breath actuation and a superior aerosol, while continuing to deliver an effective respirable dose. Aerosol is produced only during the inspiratory cycle resulting in less waste and greater dosing consistency as well as improved compliance.
- Minimizes medication waste between breaths or during breaks in treatment
- Minimizes amount of drug lost for a safer home or clinic environment
- Green feedback button encourages proper inhalation technique and confirms aerosol is being produced
- Patented diaphragm and grid system enhances actuation sensitivity with as little as 12 lpm of inspiratory effort to trigger the device
- Mode Selector allows convenient selection of either Breath Actuated or Continuous operational modes
- Potential to impact clinical outcomes such as Length of Stay and Admission Rates through the ER1
Reusable, 6 month AeroEclipse* XL BAN
AeroEclipse* XL BAN and Ombra* Compressors (230 Volt, UK and European Version)
AeroEclipse* Breath Actuated Nebulizer
1 Christine J.H. Bong, MD, MPH, Maya Eady, MD, C. Michael Bowman, MD, M. Olivia Titus, MD. Breath Actuated Nebulizer Improves Quality of Care in Pediatric Emergency Department Asthma and Leads to System Wide Implementation. PAS Conference, Baltimore, Maryland 2009.