As a key member of the Finance Team, you will manage and lead TMI Group’s accounting team in day-to-day accounting operations, tax, cash management and internal controls. Drive results, ensuring timely and accurate preparation of financial statements; and providing sound judgment and insights for management decision making.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATION
- Lead team of accountants and financial clerks, coaching and mentoring for superior results and personal growth.
- Provide leadership and influence to multiple areas of the business outside the finance function, ensuring process efficiency and internal controls that support timely and accurate record keeping.
- Work closely with Manager FP&A to ensure consistent treatment of financial data and reporting.
- Serve as a signing authority for TMI Group’s bank accounts, ensuring all established controls are effectively adhered to.
FINANCIAL REPORTING, ANALYSIS AND MANAGEMENT
- Lead month-end process, ensuring timely and accurate financial close.
- Responsible for the delivery of complete and accurate monthly financial statements for all TMI group legal entities and complete consolidation of TMI Group companies.
- Lead year end process, including the management and oversight of company audit. Coordinate and collaborate with other departments, as well as the auditor to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Provide sound business judgment that supports management decision making.
- Manage TMI Group cash and treasury functions, in close collaboration with TML Corporate Group.
- Manage accounts receivable function to ensure compliance with authorized pricing; regularly reviewing past due accounts and those exceeding credit thresholds.
- Manage accounts payable function and work closely with Purchasing Department to ensure effective procure-to-pay process.
- Oversee complex tax scenarios and work closely with TML Corporate Group to ensure accurate interpretation and compliance in all jurisdictions for corporate income tax, sales tax and SR&ED.
- Manage capital accounting and reporting that provides both accurate accounting of the Company’s existing assets, as well as streamlined approach to evaluating potential new investments.
QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE
- Develop and manage system of internal controls for the effective safeguarding of TMI Group’s assets.
- Develop and manage system of internal controls for effective risk and credit management.
- Ensure all controls are in documented and adhered to.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field of study
- Professional accounting designation, i.e. Chartered Accountant or Certified Management Accountant, or Certified General Accountant
- 10 years of experience in a senior finance role, with demonstrated experience in complex, multi-entity, multi-currency enviroment.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to impact and influence people outside of direct reporting structure
- Ability to work independently at times
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of an organization
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate with:
- Advanced experience in MS Excel
- Advanced experience in ERP business software
- Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Dynamics Great Plains is an asset
- Ability to train and motivate staff members
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines
At an applicant’s request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.