As a key member of the Finance Team, you will ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, and provide information for management decision making; Identify improvements to business information systems and streamlining workflows to assist TMI in meeting its goals and objectives.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATION
- Ensure that staff have clarity of expectations and are coached to succeed
- Ensure that schedules and established time standards are met, i.e. by organizing and directly supervising staff, administering leave, monitoring and responding to staff headcount requirements, etc.
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably, have a sense of self-esteem and are encouraged to develop to their full potential, i.e. by administering workplace policies and programs
- Ensure employees develop, i.e. by evaluating performance, providing feedback, and supporting their growth
- Ensure employees can focus on their jobs, i.e. by resolving employee relations issues, performance problems, and disciplinary issues
FINANCIAL REPORTING, ANALYSIS AND MANAGEMENT
- Ensure preparation of quarterly forecasts for submission to senior management, in conjunction with the Director, Finance
- Assist with business plan, specifically with the preparation of sales, cost of sales, other income and expense, and several departmental expenses
- Manage accounts receivable to ensure compliance with authorized pricing and regularly reviews past due accounts and accounts exceeding credit thresholds
- Manage accounts payable ensuring timely payment, proper account allocations, and correct timing to correct accounts
- Oversee monthly general ledger processing and statement generation
QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensures other departments are correctly processing accurate information correctly in Dynamics GP
- Ensure financial systems and internal controls are effective and efficient in order to safeguard all assets
- Ensure financial information is complete, accurate and timely
- Ensure accounting procedures are effective, efficient and documented
- Ensure conformance to all pertinent documentation and procedures
- Ensure that fixed assets are properly recorded and depreciated according to Company policy
- Ensure accurate and timely generation of information to support SRED tax credits
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field of study
- Professional accounting designation, i.e. Chartered Accountant or Certified Management Accountant, or Certified General Accountant
- 5 years of experience in general accounting, manufacturing accounting, and supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of an organization
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate with:
- Advanced experience in MS Excel
- Advanced experience in ERP business software
- Basic to intermediate experience in MS Dynamics Great Plains is an asset
- Ability to train and motivate staff members
- Good analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.