As a member of our Finance and Administration team, you will support business growth by deriving insights from disparate sources of information that help guide TMI in understanding our business and industry, and making strategic decisions.
BUSINESS OBJECTIVES AND PROCESSES
- Self-propel learning to understand the business and diverse internal decision maker perspectives across functions, e.g. Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Finance, IT, etc.
- Collaborate and assist decision makers in articulating their data insight needs, i.e. insights that will assist with risk evaluation and lead to business outcomes
RESEARCH AND ANALYTICS
- Assess accuracy, completeness and limitations of inputs and analysis
- Prepare and validate assumptions
- Locate and mine source data
- Define and understand source data to ensure it’s interpreted and used correctly
- Generate insights and translate into influential, explainable information
- Deliver data insights through audience-specific data visualization, e.g. models, metrics, dashboards, presentations, etc.
- Deliver ad hoc analysis
- Recommend software and analytical tools
- Identify and recommend information process improvements
HEALTH AND SAFETY AND POLICY COMPLIANCE
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Certificate in Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, and/or Machine Learning
- 5 years’ experience
- Demonstrated ability to use analytic tools, e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to use data handling and modeling packages, e.g. R, Python, etc.
- Expert level MS Excel skills
- SQL experience is an asset
- Knowledge of business intelligence topics, e.g. table calculations, parameters, geographic mapping, complex calculations, etc.
- Ability to analyze and explain complex issues verbally and visually
- Basic accounting knowledge is an asset
- Problem solving skills
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.