As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. The Director of Finance will help drive growth of the business by providing strategic financial guidance and insights based on an intimate understanding of all facets of TMI’s business. The position incumbent will oversee our finance and accounting team to ensure efficient delivery of services across the organization.
- In collaboration with the Senior Leadership team, significantly contribute to the organization’s strategic planning, and annual business planning processes
- Work with all functional leaders to define metrics, especially with critical initiatives, e.g. global sales, research and product development, etc.
- Oversee the design and maintenance of advanced financial modeling and margin analyses to support decision making
- Act as key advisor, and provide oversight where necessary, on the implementation of new business units, e.g. e-commerce, innovation hubs, etc.
FINANCIAL REPORTING, BUDGETING AND INTERNAL CONTROLS
- Manage the annual budgeting, monthly corporate reporting and periodic forecasting processes
- Ensure timely and accurate analysis of financial results, and stakeholder communication
- Develop and oversee application of core accounting policies and procedures
- Design and maintain a system of appropriate financial, operational and compliance-related controls
- Oversee the monitoring of spending including actual versus budget analysis, to communicate trends and to develop actionable recommendations
- Oversee the provision of effective and current cost accounting practices, and the accurate recording and reporting of taxes
- Ensure Departmental compliance with all applicable internal policies and external laws, including international regulatory and taxation
- Ensure coordination and alignment of Divisional finance efforts with Corporate objectives
- Oversee the management of the Department to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance
- Ensure planning tools, reports, processes, etc. are continuously improved
- Hire, engage, and retain qualified staff
- Manage employee performance
- Set clear and high expectations
- Coach for development and success
- Address performance that’s below expectations
- Administer policies and procedures fairly
- Maintain and demonstrate competency for managing the safety of departmental staff
HEALTH AND SAFETY AND POLICY COMPLIANCE
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, procedures and legislation
- Degree in Finance or Business Administration
- Professional Accounting Designation
- 10 years progressive experience
- Nature and scope of business that includes:
- Research and development
- Global (i.e. sell into 100+ countries)
- Complex financial modeling:
- Business to business
- Business to consumer, including e-commerce
- Deal structuring and contract negotiations
- Business intelligence data environments
- Dashboards and key metrics development
- Critical thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Quick learner
- Oral and written communication
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicants's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.