Electronics Design Engineer
As a member of our New Product Development team, you will develop innovative and safe microprocessor and electronic subsystems for medical devices.
DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING
- Design state of the art electronic subsystems for new and existing medical devices within an advanced product development process
- Identify and resolve design issues and technical risks
- Ensure designs are developed in full compliance with all relevant IEC, CSA, FDA and international regulatory requirements
- Assure component or system level performance, compliance to relevant standards
- Plan and execute design for manufacturability and testability for all electronic subassemblies
PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION
- Deliver projects on time by establishing scope of work and deadlines and providing regular updates against approved plans
- Complete all necessary design controls
- Drive completion of firmware development lifecycle processes for medical devices are implemented, maintained, and followed
- Establish and maintain development environments and libraries for PCBA design and firmware programming
COLLABORATION AND SUPPORT
- Deliver business objectives by working collaboratively with internal and external parties, e.g. mechanical engineering, core teams, outside contractors, etc.
- Input technical experience for accurate production cost estimates for developmental projects
- Ensure integrity of electronic subsystems and firmware code by leading design reviews
- Minimize risk to patients, e.g. by participating in system design and risk management activities
- Design products that meet users’ needs, i.e. by supporting usability verification and validation of user interfaces
HEALTH AND SAFETY AND POLICY AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field of study
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) by the Professional Engineers Ontario
- 5 years of experience in designing electronics for medical devices, consumer products or similar devices including work on at least 2 designs that have gone into market
- Experience in embedded systems design and development for a commercial product
- Experience working in a regulated industry an asset; e.g. medical device, pharmaceutical or aerospace
- Theory and practice of design for electromagnetic compliance
- Experience designing electronic products compliant to IEC60601, IEC61010 or IEC62368
- Digital and analogue design, e.g.: instrument amplifiers, filters, drivers, switching power supplies, timers (RTC), discrete logic
- Design of control interfaces for human factors, e.g.: switches, capacitive touch, LED/LCD displays
- Control theory, open loop and closed loop feedback and feedforward systems
- Firmware architecture techniques, including HALs and partitioning
- Firmware scheduling, from bare metal to RTOS
- Modular programming techniques and practices
- Defining and decomposing requirements: functional, non-functional, derived, interfaces, and allocation between software vs hardware
- Development test and verification methods, e.g.: Unit Tests, Integration Tests, SIL, HIL, system, etc.
- High volume PCBA manufacturing techniques including SMT
- Defining and leading product development activities to meet business objectives
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicants's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.