Engineering Manager, Product Engineering: Late Stage Development, Commercialization, and Support
Harness the talent of a product development engineering team that picks up on the work of the early stage development team, and delivers innovative, high quality, patient-centric, and cost effective medical devices that meet time, cost, and quality targets.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATION
- Maximize the employee experience and employee development, i.e. by setting clear expectations and giving feedback, coaching for development, treating fairly, etc.
- Drive the achievement of schedules and established time standards, i.e. by organizing and directly supervising staff, administering leave, monitoring and responding to staff headcount requirements, etc.
- Focus employees on their jobs, i.e. by eliminating barriers and resolving distractions
PRODUCT DESIGN, SUPPORT, AND IMPROVEMENT
- Drive the team to meet or exceed new product launch targets (time, cost, quality, etc.) by providing project oversight, leading effective and robust design reviews, etc.
- Continuously improve marketed products (cost, quality, etc.) to support successful product lifecycle management
- Deliver cost-out projects by driving value engineering
- Enhance product roadmaps through cross-functional collaboration, e.g. Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, etc.
- Achieve alignment of design and development activities with TMI’s Quality Policy and procedures
- Ensure that products are developed to meet all regulatory requirements including design controls
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field of study
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation
- 10 years of product development experience within the medical devices, consumer products, or a related industry
- Experience managing complex product development projects with a proven track record of successfully launching new products
- Experience developing products that combine mechanical, electronic, and firmware elements
- Experience working within a regulated environment, e.g. ISO 13485
- Experience with design of plastics components for high volume injection molding
SPECIALIZED SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams of engineers to achieve results
- Sound engineering knowledge
- Sound understanding of the complete product development lifecycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Six Sigma/Design for Six Sigma experience
- Ability to see the big picture and lead a team through requisite course corrections
- Ability to articulate problems and identify viable solutions
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicants's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.