Lead large and complex projects that support the Operations Group (Manufacturing, Warehouse, Materials) and implement production improvements resulting in increases in efficiency and capacity. Support the New Product Development (NPD) group by suggesting design changes to improve the manufacturability of products. Design production processes to manufacture new products.
- Lead large scale manufacturing engineering projects, e.g. line expansion
- Implement approved plans and projects for plant, facilities, and equipment
- Develop and coordinate project plans to align all manufacturing activities to all NPD and Regulatory activities during new product introduction.
PRODUCTION AND PROCESS FLOW
- Develop, evaluate, improve and document integrated manufacturing and materials management processes to enhance quality, cost reduction, and throughput
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures in manufacturing and materials
- Estimate staffing requirements, assembly times, and relative costs to assist in operations decision making
- Establish programs of work measurement
- Lead Process Failure Mode Effects Analyses (PFMEAs) of new products and processes to provide feedback to Product Development for improved assembly
- Develop control systems based on analysis of production parameters and scrap generation
- Analyze costs of production and make recommendations for quality and efficiency improvements
- Design, develop and conduct time and motion studies and work simplification programs and implement changes that will reduce costs by optimizing the utilization of people, machinery, materials and resources
- Lead validation and verification activities for new and modified products and processes
- Prepare documentation on work instructions (WIs), control plans (CPs), standard operating procedures (SOPs), PFMEAs, process flows (PF), assembly inspections (AI) etc.
- Develop training programs for assembly skills in conjunction with the Manufacturing Manager and Health and Safety Officer
PLANT LAYOUT AND EQUIPMENT UTILIZATION
- Design new and modified plant layouts and facility drawings
- Study new machinery and processes and recommend or select efficient and cost effective combinations for decorating, assembly, testing, handling and packaging of products.
- Conceptualize and design fixtures and work stations
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of jig and fixture drawings and design concepts
HEALTH AND SAFETY AND POLICY COMPLIANCE
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Establish programs and conduct studies to enhance industrial health and safety and to identify and correct safety hazards
- Assist with ergonomic risk evaluations and assist with development of appropriate strategies to reduce exposure to injuries, e.g. repetitive strain
- Adhere to all relevant policies, procedures and legislation
- Perform special projects as required
- Participate in ongoing training and professional associations as appropriate
- Fully utilize TMI resources to ensure delivery of a quality product to all internal and external customers at a minimal cost
- University degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or related engineering area of study
- P.Eng. in good standing with the PEO
- Five years experience as an engineer in a high volume manufacturing environment is an asset
- Experience working in a regulated industry is an asset, e.g. pharmaceuticals or aerospace
- Computer literate with:
- Advanced experience in AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Advanced experience in MS Excel
- Advanced experience in MS Word
- Advanced experience in a Windows environment
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of assembly design and product manufacturing in an ISO 13485 & GMP environment
- Experience developing and/or implementing LEAN Manufacturing initiatives
- Project management
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicants's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.