Quality Inspector, Weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 7:30am - 8:30pm)
As a key member of the Quality Team, you will inspect and release incoming components, in-process product, and outgoing finished goods as part of a team. Participate in general problem solving activities and process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure to perform required incoming inspection with calibrated measurement equipment (e.g. vision systems, shadow graphs, height stands, callipers, etc.) according to measurement plans
- Ensure to perform in-process inspections leading to the release of components and finished goods
- Ensure to perform line clearance in co-operation with Manufacturing
- Ensure all products are assembled following Assembly Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and in accordance with the Quality Policy Objectives
- Ensure completion of the quality portion of device history records for approval and scan and archive approved device history records
- Assist in the development of product prints and the development of programs, documents and instructions for checking the products
- Participate in documentation and resolution of non-conformance reports (NCRs) and temporary deviations (TDs)
- Ensure communication with suppliers on receiving documentation, e.g. missing Certificates of Compliance (CofCs)
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- High school diploma
- 2 years of experience in quality or manufacturing environment
- Good manual dexterity with the ability to assemble small parts in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a close team environment
- Ability to safely lift 10-15 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to safely lift 15-30 pounds on an occasional basis
- Knowledge of a quality system program is an asset
- General knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Basic math and computer skills are assets:
- Basic experience in MS Word
- Basic experience in MS Excel
- Basic experience in MS Outlook
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), through experience or education (e.g. college level blueprint reading course)
- Ability to perform measurements and testing of products and processes, and record results, through experience or education (e.g. college level metrology course)
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills, especially in completing accurate and legible reports
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent vision and attention to detail
- General knowledge of statistical and quality tools
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.