Manufacturing Assembler / Relief Material Handler - Weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday 7:30am - 8:30pm)
As a key member of the Manufacturing Team, you will be working cooperatively with Manufacturing colleagues to assemble devices in a consistent, accurate, and timely manner.
Move and record material as it goes from receiving inspection to stocking production. Perform accurate cycle counts on stock materials.
ASSEMBLY, DECORATION AND PACKAGING
- Ensure that products are assembled safely, with high quality, and efficiently
- Ensure established procedures are followed, e.g. Assembly Procedures
INSPECTION AND DOCUMENTATION
- Ensure that required device inspections are completed
- Ensure that documentation is completed accurately and in accordance with applicable standards, e.g. Good Documentation Practices
- Ability to use hands to grip, handle, and finger
- Mid and minor range of motion of wrists and elbows
- Neck flexion and rotation
- Ability to reach mid height
MATERIAL HANDLER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support production by delivering necessary quantities of components and packaging material to the appropriate production line location
- Deliver line support with safe and efficient material handling practices, e.g. component decanting from cardboard to plastic, inventory stored in right areas, etc.
- Support internal customers as required, e.g. pick and deliver engineering samples
- Ensure correct inventory and inventory data, e.g. by performing cycle counts, entering transactions into the ERP database, etc.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment
- Wear prescribed PPE, e.g. safety glasses, gloves, aprons
- Report unsafe work conditions and / or hazards to Supervisor
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification
- Mobility: walk, stand
- Upper Extremity Function
- Reach: low, mid, overhead
- Hand function – hand function is essential in all job duties
- Grip: power, hook, flat, span
- Handle: both
- Wrist/Elbow: mid-range of motion
- Neck Function: flexion, rotation
- Lower Extremity Function: stoop/bend, twist, crouch
- Strength Demands: medium to heavy
- Lift: low, mid up to 25 pounds
- Carry: bimanual up to 25 pounds
- Push: whole body, upper body range of 1-21 pounds
- Pull: whole body, upper body range of 1-21 pounds
- Vision: ability to see in colour
- High school diploma
- 2 years of experience in a similar team environment is an asset
- 1 years of experience in manufacturing
- Ability to manually, and with automated equipment operation, assemble, decorate, package and box small components and finished goods in a fast-paced environment
- Mobility: ability to walk, stand, and sit
- Upper Extremity Function: ability to reach low
- Lower Extremity Function: ability to stoop/bend, twist
- Strength: ability to lift to mid height (average < 10 pounds, maximum 26 pounds); ability to carry (maximum 26 pounds); ability to push up to 11 pounds; ability to pull up to 11 pounds
- Ability to manually, and with automated material handling equipment, move materials between storage areas and manufacturing areas
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to work in a rotation
- Ability to visually detect very small (i.e. ½ mm) non-conformances in shape, size, colour, etc., and functionality non-conformances in components or products
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and cooperatively in a close team environment
- Computer literate
- Basic mathematics skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 standards
- Knowledge of a quality system program is an asset
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) is an asset
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.
Learn more about the mission and culture of Trudell Medical International.
Discover where Trudell Medical International has come from.
Learn more about the products that Trudell Medical International has to offer.