Health, Safety & Wellness Manager
As a member of our Human Resources team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the development and execution of health, safety, and wellness programs. Focusing on enhancing employee health and well-being while improving the overall health of the workplace in compliance with OH&S legislation, best practices, and department and organizational goals.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of Health & Safety policies and protocols to ensure compliance with OHS regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Maintain ownership for and ensure compliance with TMI’s Health and Safety Program
- Responsible for monitoring safety data management for leading and lagging indicators including but not limited to monthly, quarterly, and annual injury statistics.
- Responsible for development and facilitation of H&S training programs related to employee Health & Safety.
- Acts as a resource for the receipt and resolution of OH&S inquiries received from all departments.
injury and illness prevention
- Responsible for the development and implementation of injury prevention strategies and safety awareness initiatives such as Workplace Ergonomics, Hazard identification and Elimination, and Psychologically Safe Workplaces.
- Responsible for ensuring TMI’s JHSC operates effectively and in compliance.
accident and incident response
- Reviews all incident reports and inspection reports and initiatives necessary follow-up action in consultation with internal stakeholders to mitigate workplace risks.
- Lead response to workplace concerns by assessing and resolving the concern internally or engaging a third party.
- Maintain, improve, and ensure compliance with TMI’s Disability Management program
- Manage occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses through investigation, claim submission, appeals and early and safe return to work process.
- Support people leaders to ensure appropriate return to work accommodations are in place and compliance with return-to-work plans.
- Act as a resource for employees, supervisors and managers for questions related to claims.
employee engagement-wellness at work
- Develop and implement strategies and related activities, to continually improve or maintain the quality of working life, health, and the wellness of the workforce to improve the work environment and to increase personal empowerment.
Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree with Certificate in Kinesiology, Occupational health and Safety or a related field of study
- Certified Registered Safety Professional (or in progress)
- Current First Aid/CPR preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive work experience in Health and Safety including:
- At least three years in an environment with Manufacturing, Production or Laboratory environment
- At least three years of direct responsibility for occupational and non-occupational disability management
- Thorough working knowledge of relevant legislation, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Right Code of Ontario and standards and guidelines
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of WSIB and processes.
- Understanding of workflow process analysis, incident investigation and risk management principles
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent Follow through
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Proficient with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)