Material Handler, Level 1 or 2 (Afternoon Shift)
As a member of our Operations team, you will move and record material as it goes from receiving inspection to stocking production. Perform accurate cycle counts on stock materials. Responsibilities are carried out as part of a job rotation including picking and stocking materials, supplying materials to the production lines, and operating a forklift (Level 2).
- Support production by delivering necessary quantities of components and packaging material to the appropriate production line location
- Deliver line support with safe and efficient material handling practices, e.g. component decanting from cardboard to plastic, inventory stored in right areas, etc.
- Support internal customers as required, e.g. pick and deliver engineering samples
- Ensure correct inventory and inventory data, e.g. by performing cycle counts, entering transactions into the ERP database, etc.
HEALTH AND SAFETY AND POLICY COMPLIANCE
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Achieve and maintain forklift operator certification – Level 2
- Safely operate a forklift – Level 2
SPECIALIZED SKILL, ABILITY, OR KNOWLEDGE
- High School Diploma
- 1 years of experience in manufacturing
- Competency as Level 1 Material Handler – Level 2
- Ability to manually, and with automated material handling equipment, move materials between storage areas and manufacturing areas
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds on an occasional basis
- * Forklift – Level 2
- Ability to work in a rotation
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and cooperatively in a close team environment
- Computer literate
- Basic mathematics skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 standards
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Knowledge of a quality system program is an asset
- Ability to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification>
- Mobility: walk, stand
- Upper Extremity Function
- Reach: low, mid, overhead
- Hand function – hand function is essential in all job duties
- Grip: power, hook, flat, span
- Handle: both
- Wrist/Elbow: mid-range of motion
- Neck Function: flexion, rotation
- Lower Extremity Function: stoop/bend, twist, crouch
- Strength Demands: medium to heavy
- Lift: low, mid up to 25 pounds
- Carry: bimanual up to 25 pounds
- Push: whole body, upper body range of 1-21 pounds
- Pull: whole body, upper body range of 1-21 pounds
- Vision: ability to see in colour
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.