Regional Sales Manager
As a member of our Global Sales team, you will maximize regional field sales initiatives by establishing business relationships with key opinion leaders and industry associations, and through managing a regional sales force or broker to ensure awareness and attainment of TMI sales and profitability objectives at the regional level; liaise, assist and work with respective TMML manager and representatives to maximize sales opportunities within the hospital and home care markets.
- Ensure that staff have clarity of expectations and are coached to succeed.
- Ensure that schedules and established time standards are met, i.e., by organizing and directly supervising staff, administering leave, monitoring, and responding to staff headcount requirements, etc.
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably, have a sense of self-esteem, and are encouraged to develop to their full potential, i.e., by administering workplace policies and programs.
- Ensure employees develop, i.e., by evaluating performance, providing feedback, and supporting their growth.
- Ensure employees can focus on their jobs, i.e., by resolving employee relations issues, performance problems, and disciplinary issues
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders, industry associations and clinical stakeholders.
- Represent TMI at trade shows and related events as required.
sales management and analysis
- Achieve annual sales targets while staying within a defined expense budget.
- Ensure that regional business plans are developed and executed.
- Ensure that there is optimal product placement at the wholesale distribution level for all existing and new product launches.
- Support regional hospital business as needed with TMML.
- Analyze the financial data of sales performance to either confirm or modify action plan if necessary.
Product Knowledge and management
- Develop a clear understanding of all aspects of TMI’s product portfolio.
- Ensure that there is product availability throughout regional retail outlets.
- Ensure optimal product listing at the wholesale distribution level for all current and new products launches.
- Ensure that all sales activity and key metric reporting are prepared on time.
Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Business or Science or a related field of study
- 10 years of experience in sales industry experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical, or consumer brands marketplace, including 5 years of sales management experience
- A proven sales track record
- Proven experience managing a sales team
- Proven experience building strong relationships with key retail customers.
- Proven experience developing successful distribution markets.
- Solid understanding of the Canadian medical retail markets, business practices and regulations
- Solid understanding of private and public health insurers and mechanisms for medical device reimbursement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel in Canada at least 30% - 40% of the time.
- Ability to make sound business decisions with strong business acumen.
- High level of motivation
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated skills in oral presentation and providing training seminars.
- French literacy (reading, writing, speaking) is required for positions based in Quebec, and is an asset for positions based in regions outside of Quebec