As a member of our Operations team, you will ensure departmental efficiency and effectiveness by providing coaching, training and guidance to the team and helping to resolve process and priority conflicts as they arise and by identifying opportunities for improvement. Ensure accurate, on-time delivery of customer orders, provide support with shipping and material requirements and support internal and external customers, as needed.
- Ensure that schedules and established time standards are met, i.e. by organizing and directly supervising staff, administering leave, monitoring and responding to staff headcount requirements, etc.
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably, have a sense of self-esteem and are encouraged to develop to their full potential, i.e. by administering workplace policies and programs
- Ensure employees develop, i.e. by evaluating performance, providing feedback, and supporting their growth
- Ensure employees can focus on their jobs, i.e. by resolving employee relations issues, performance problems, and disciplinary issues
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Ensure that employees work safely, i.e. by maintaining personal competency in departmental processes, equipment operation, materials usage etc., understanding the associated hazards in the department, and protecting workers from those hazards through information, training, and enforcement of procedures, laws, etc.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are maintained in safe condition, i.e. by maintaining personal competency in what “safe condition” looks like, conducting regular inspections, and addressing hazards if they arise
- Ensure that all employees work in compliance with TMI’s Disability Management Procedure, i.e. by maintaining personal competency in the Procedure, informing employees of it, and enforcing it
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
- Ensure that domestic and international shipping and receiving processes are safe, efficient (time and cost), effective (on time receipt and delivery) and are followed consistently.
- Provide assistance with special shipments i.e. trade shows, equipment movement ensuring goods are shipped and/or returned in a timely and cost effective manner
- Assist with Shipping and Receiving when needed.
- Ensure that material handling processes are safe, efficient (time and cost), and effective (on time support to production)
- Ensure that the cycle count process is safe, efficient, effective and process is followed consistently
- Manage warehouse space ensuring that material flows efficiently, space is utilized efficiently, and racking design/layout is optimized.
- Ensure sample requirements are processed efficiently and effectively.
- Assist with Material Handling when needed.
- Diploma in Materials Management, Logistics, or Purchasing or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of related work experience
- 1-2 years experience supervising a team
- Knowledge of international shipping
- Forklift certification
- Computer literate with:
- Basic to intermediate experience with MS Word
- Basic to intermediate experience with MS Excel
- Knowledge or experience in an ISO environment is an asset
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) is an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Consistently thorough and precise
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.