Technical Supervisor, Manufacturing, Weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 7:30am - 8:30pm)
As a key member of the Manufacturing Team, you will supervise Manufacturing Assemblers in a positive and proactive manner to achieve the overall goal of delivering a high quality product on time and within budget.
Responsible for employee safety, product quality, production throughput, and continuous improvement in manufacturing. Set up and troubleshoot automated assembly equipment and machinery that manufactures and packages high-quality medical devices in a consistent and timely manner.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Annually, formally evaluate employee performance and prepare evaluation comments.
- Develop, motivate and retain qualified staff.
- Meet schedules and established time standards by organizing, coordinating, and directly supervising Manufacturing Assemblers and Team Leaders, Manufacturing.
EMPLOYEE HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Ensure that employees work safely, i.e. by maintaining personal competency in departmental processes, equipment operation, materials usage etc., understanding the associated hazards in the department, and protecting workers from those hazards through information, training, and enforcement of procedures, laws, etc.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities are maintained in safe condition, i.e. by maintaining personal competency in what “safe condition” looks like, conducting regular inspections, and addressing hazards if they arise.
- Ensure that all employees work in compliance with TMI’s Disability Management Procedure, i.e. by maintaining personal competency in the Procedure, informing employees of it, and enforcing it.
- Ensure that all Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures are adhered to by departmental employees, e.g. Assembly Procedures, current Good Manufacturing Processes, etc.
- Work in cooperation with Quality Assurance staff to identify and resolve process or component quality issues.
- Ensure that process or component quality issues are identified and contained by working with Quality Assurance staff.
- Ensure that equipment and machinery produce products per requirements, e.g. Assembly Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety Standards, etc.
- Ensure efficient flow of components to the floor, and finished goods to the warehouse by working in cooperation with Materials and Quality staff.
- Plan resource requirements for manufacturing including people, parts, equipment and supplies.
- Routinely monitor, and review production output and quality targets and suggest improvements and corrective actions.
MAINTENANCE AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- Ensure safe and efficient equipment operation by working in cooperation with Manufacturing Engineering staff
- Troubleshoot, or request assistance to troubleshoot, equipment issues
- Perform minor repairs, or maintenance tasks on equipment to minimize downtime
- Certificate in Engineering or Manufacturing Technology or a related field of study and one year of experience in a supervisory development position.
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing work experience with evidence of increased level of responsibility.
- Completion of health and safety related courses is an asset.
- CPR and standard first aid certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of ISO standards.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Excellent mechanical skills to perform set ups and minor repairs to machinery.
- Computer literate with:
- Intermediate experience in MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in a medical manufacturing environment an asset.
- Experience applying health and safety laws, policies and programs.
- Ability to safely and effectively use hand tools.
- Per Physical Demands Analysis.
- Per job requirements.
- Ability to stand.
- Upper extremity function:
- Ability to reach low and mid ranges.
- Ability to use hands to:
- Grip, pinch, handle, and finger.
- Ability to move wrists and elbows in a minor range of motion.
- Ability to flex neck.
- Ability to push with upper body (up to 18 pounds)
- Ability to pull with upper body (up to 18 pounds)
- Ability to work in a cleanroom manufacturing environment (e.g. ISO Class 8)
How to Apply
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.