COPD can't be cured, but it can be treated so you can live a fulfilling and satisfactory life.
Proper COPD treatment includes these steps:
- Quit smoking to slow down your COPD progression.
- Take COPD medications as instructed by your healthcare provider to prevent and lessen symptoms.
- Make changes to your lifestyle to stay healthy.
- Engage in physical activity and exercise. If you need support, you may join a pulmonary rehabilitation program.
- Prevent and control your COPD flare-ups or worsening of symptoms.
- For certain people with COPD, doctors may also recommend oxygen therapy.
Always consult your healthcare provider to discuss treatment options for your specific respiratory condition
Learn Techniques to clear Mucus/Sputum
If you are producing excess mucus, different techniques like deep breathing & Huff cough may help you clear the excess mucus. Devices like the Aerobika* OPEP device are simple hand-held drug free devices, which could help to clear the mucus/sputum.4