Last Revised: September 26, 2016
We are committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information collected by us and under our possession or control.
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, such as age, home address, home phone number, date of birth, and personal email address.
In general, personal information does not, for example, include the name, title, business address, business e-mail address, and business telephone or facsimile number of an employee of an organization.
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable advance written notice.
We identify the purpose for which the personal information is collected before or at the time of collection.
Generally, we collect personal information when:
- you register products online;
- you register/subscribe to receive newsletters,
- you make online purchases;
- you request information or materials through our Site;
- you participate in surveys or contests online;
- you submit questions or comments to us.
Generally, we collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to process, fulfill and follow up on your orders or information requests;
- to register your products;
- to communicate with you to develop, enhance, market or provide products and services;
- develop and implement brand and consumer marketing programs and services that specifically tailor consumer offers or communications to your specific needs based on personal information that you have provided to us that indicates such things as your product or purchasing preferences or requirements;
- administer contests, promotions and marketing services, surveys or applications and social media forums or any other web or mobile applications;
- provide you with health and product-related information;
- reply, fulfill or to clarify your requests, inquiries and comments;
- receive and assess product inquiries and product complaints;
- establish and maintain our relationship with health care professionals and administrators and other individuals with whom we have contact in the course of our business;
- provide assistance and advice to health care professionals and institutions with respect to our products;
- test and analyze our products for efficacy and safety;
- evaluate résumés or other personal information submitted to us in connection with employment possibilities;
- conduct analysis for our business purposes, such as audits, developing new products, enhancing our Site, administer consumer satisfaction surveys, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- to meet legal or regulatory requirements, including to protect or defend a legal interest; or
We collect personal information that you provide to us voluntarily whether over our Site, by email, mail, fax, telephone or other communication means.
We typically obtain an individual’s consent to collect, use or disclose his or her personal information before or at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent is sought after the information has already been collected but before use.
We limit the collection of personally identifiable information to those details that are necessary for the purposes identified.
Our Site may contain links to other websites.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
Some browsers may be set to reject cookies. If your browser is set up that way, most of the features of our Site should remain available to you; however, it will reduce the functionality of the Site.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Subject to the “Exceptions to Use and Disclosure”:
- personal information collected by us is used or disclosed for the purpose for which it is collected;
- we do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to outside parties;
- we do not disclose your personal information to outside parties other than to our third party service providers in connection with the purpose for which it is collected.
We retain personal information for as long as it is required for the identified purpose or as required by law.
Exceptions to Use and Disclosure
We reserve the right to use and disclose your personal information to outside parties (including to our agents and service providers) in any one or more of the situations enumerated below.
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, or court order.
- Where it is necessary to keep our Site in operation.
- To protect our rights and property and those of our users, providers, and agents.
- As authorized by applicable law.
In connection with any of the above we may disclose your personal information to one or more of our third party service providers. Some of our third party service providers may be located outside of Canada. While outside of Canada, your personal information will be subject to applicable foreign legal requirements, which may include lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in certain circumstances. We take steps so that your personal information that may be collected, used, disclosed, accessed, stored or otherwise processed by our third service provider is protected and not used or disclosed for purposes other than directed by us, subject to legal requirements in foreign jurisdictions applicable to those organizations.
We keep personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected.
Safeguards & Security
We protect personal information we collect with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Keep in mind that personal information transmitted to us or to our third party service provider by e-mail or otherwise through our Site, is transmitted as plain text. Although it is unlikely that an unauthorized third party will intercept the transmission, there is always a possibility of that occurring.
Upon request, you may review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to your personal information that is in our possession or control at the time you submit your request. We reserve the right to deny you access to your personal information if you cannot provide us with reasonable assurances that the information is your personal information.
If you become aware of any inaccuracy or incompleteness, please notify us by e-mail or mail as provided below in the section entitled “Challenging Compliance”.
How to contact us:
By email: email@example.com
By mail: 725 Third Street, London, Ontario N5V 5G4
By fax: 519-455-9053
If your questions, concerns, or complaints have not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact our Privacy Officer.
®/™/* trade-marks or registered trade-marks of Trudell Medical International or an affiliate of Trudell Medical International
** Ontario registered business name